Kericho county is composed of six Constituencies, 15 administrative divisions namely: Ainamoi,Belgut, Kabianga, Bureti, Roret, Cheborge, Sigowet and Soin. Other Admibnistrative Divisions are: Kunyak, Chilchila, Kamasian, Kipkelion, Londiani, Sorget and Chepseon. These are further su-devided into 85 locations that are further sub-divided into 209 sub-locations. It covers an area of2,479 sq. km.
Duties and responsibilities
Work at this level will include telephone operation duties: –
- Routine testing of exchange lines and switchboard facilities; and
- Telephone exchange clerical work.
An officer at this level will be in charge of a telephone exchange of three to four (3-4) switch board positions with a maximum capacity of forty (40) exchange lines and four hundred (400) exchange lines. Specifically, the officer will be responsible for: –
- Supervision of work at the switch board;
- Telephone exchange routine work;
- Preparation of duty/annual leave roster for telephone personnel;
- Liaising with engineers/technicians on maintenance of telephone exchange, equipment/facilities, with accounts section on payment of telephone bills and with supplies section on procurement of telephone facilities/spare parts and stationery.
Requirements for appointment
For promotion to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have served in the grade of senior telephone operator or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have attended and passed a certificate course for government telephone supervisors lasting not less than four (4) months from a government training institute or any other recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; and
- Have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Mention Mafudi Classified when calling seller to get a good deal