Dorbe-Leit Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management based services. We become involved with our clients in their transformation, providing services that are value-adding and measurable in their contribution to our clients’ success. Catapulting your business to success is our purpose.
Our client is who is in a hotel Industry is looking for a storekeeper to work in the Hotel.
On behalf of the client, We are looking for an agile & seasoned storekeeper who is confident, reliable, organized & resourceful with the desire to grow and improve the company. If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Storekeeper.
The storekeeper will be responsible for receiving, storing and issuing supplies and equipment for the day to day hotel operations. Work closely with purchasing department, ensure cleanliness of all work areas, keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times.
He/she also verifies that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions/orders and the delivery challans, invoices are checked and filed in the appropriate folder. Maintains par stock, inventory and stock records every month and compiles records of expenditures/consumptions etc.
Duties and Responsibility
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
- Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Financial Controller (FC) and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the MMS – Material Management System.
- Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and the information to be given to the Finance Department.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management software/system.
- Relevant diploma or degree in Management/Finance or related business discipline. Able to work with MS Office suite.
- Previous store management experience with stock control responsibility.
- Experience of at least two years in a similar position in the full service hotel or hospitality industry.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Must have basic computer skills for the day to day operation.
Mention Mafudi Classified when calling seller to get a good deal