About ADRA Kenya
ADRA Kenya (the Adventist Development and Relief Agency Kenya) is a faith-based agency that strives to demonstrate God’s justice, compassion and love. ADRA Kenya works to change the lives of people in need so profoundly that they can help themselves and create positive change around them.
Nyalgunga Women Empowerment Project (NWEP) is an 18-month project that seeks to empower the Nyalgunga Widows and Orphans Community Development (Nyalwocodep) Group in Alego Usonga, Siaya County, to achieve self-sustainability. With support from ADRA Australia, this self-help group of 22 widows implements multi-faceted interventions geared towards improving the livelihood of the widows and their households, including orphaned children. These interventions include food security training emphasizing poultry keeping, sheep/goat rearing, education, tailoring, agriculture, small business skills, and Group Saving and Loaning (GSLA). At times, members have benefited from the provision of iron sheets and money to repair run-down houses. The group also runs a nursery school as an income-generating project.
Job Deion (Summary)
Under the supervision of the Programs Director, the Project Officer will be responsible for planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting on regular activities for the project to ensure that the project participants achieve self-reliance.
Assignment Title: Project Officer
Project: Nyalgunga Women Empowerment Project (NEWP)
Contract Period: 18 months
Contract Type: Regular
Duty Station: Siaya County
Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
• Ensure the project is implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and following ADRA and donor standards.
• Develop monthly activities plans in line with the project DIP and coordinate with other team
members, partners and other departments.
• Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
• Coordinate with relevant government departments and partners staff to regularly plan,
implement, analyze, and review the results of PDMs and other relevant monitoring data.
• Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches for partners throughout the
• Participate in developing initiatives to monitor or strengthen program quality, including
assessments, registration, and beneficiary tracking.
• Support the cash flow projections and review the monthly financial reports in collaboration with the project accountant.
• Maintains a database of information relating to collaborating partners’ requirements and plans
and such other details as are relevant to the development and maintenance of those partnerships
• Strengthen the governance of the group and its enterprises.
• Build project participants’ entrepreneurial capacity, providing them with necessary linkages with relevant markets and government departments.
• Implement a robust Village Savings and Loaning Association (VSLA) programming for the group.
• Support in acquiring land and constructing a new school building in compliance with government guidelines.
• Develop a phase-out plan that will ensure the group’s sustainability by the end of the project
• Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related
programming information management and reporting
• Perform other duties as deemed relevant to the assignment and advancement of the project
objective by the supervisor
Desired Competencies and Minimum Qualifications
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Gender Community Development or any other relevant field
2-year experience in community development and in implementing projects targeting orphans or widows
Experience in women empowerment and basic counselling skills is desirable
Desired Skills/Capabilities and Competencies
Readiness to work and live in a rural area.
Solid report writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent understanding of managing partnerships
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; culturally sensitive; and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to maintain strong relationships with partners, versatility in dealing with different groups.
Mention Mafudi Classified when calling seller to get a good deal