The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries. It is the largest and most famous development bank in the world and is an observer at the United Nations Development Group.
Purpose and Scope
AECE2 is the Country Management Unit within the East and Southern Africa Region that covers the World Bank’s operations and portfolio in Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, and Uganda. The Country Director, Operations Manager and Program/Cluster Leaders for AECE2 as well as the Country Manager for Somalia are based in Nairobi and lead the World Bank’s Kenya and Somalia Country office. The WBG Nairobi office complex hosts the WB Kenya Country Office (CO), the WB Somalia Country Office, IFC Kenya Country Office and acts a regional hub for East and Southern Africa Region (AFE) including Operational VPU staff and other VPU staff, including WBG Finance and Accounting Client Services (WFACS) Regional Disbursement Centre for Africa, WBG Health and Safety Directorate (HSD) Regional Hub, WB Budget Performance Review & Strategic Planning (BPS), External and Corporate Relations (ECR), Legal (LEG), as well as WBG Global Corporate Solutions (GCS)-Security, WBG Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) Real Estate, Information and Technology Solutions (ITS), Human Resources Development (HRD), among others. The WBG Nairobi office complex is jointly owned and managed with IFC Kenya and is one of the largest Bank-owned and managed buildings outside of Washington DC. WBG Nairobi office complex also hosts IFC Kenya and IFC Somalia as tenants.
The WB Kenya Country Office (AECE2) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and highly organized professional to serve as an Driver (level GA) based in Nairobi, Kenya. The selected candidate will work as part of the administrative team in the country office. The successful candidate will work under the leadership of the Country Director and/or the Operations Manager, with the day-to-day supervision of the Administrative Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for provision of proper maintenance of the office vehicles, safe delivery of staff to their respective destinations and timely delivery and collection of office documents as directed.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Be able to effectively understand and carry out rules and instructions.
- Plan and provide transport services for official activities in line with the stipulated transport request procedures, including field trips for staff and mission teams
- Liaise with appointed garages for the repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Maintain a record of each of the World Bank vehicles with the relevant information including maintenance dates, insurances, plate number, and fuel consumption
- Maintain mileage recording for all World Bank vehicles and ensure each trip is registered accordingly
- Organize transport for high level staff/VIP staff on mission in Kenya
- Ensure the vehicle is always clean
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed from time to time
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies
- Good decision-making skills, demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness and effective time management skills
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information
- Familiarity with Nairobi roads and environs, as well as the road network in Kenya in general
- Must be familiar with traffic rules and highway code
- Must have a valid driving license, certificates in defensive driving and first aid
- Be at least 25 and not older than 62 years of age
- High school or equivalent diploma or comparable experience, proficient English skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of general software applications e.g., Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 5 years driving experience with an international organization/development agency.
- Must have good geographical knowledge of the cities assigned
- Must be in possession of a clean and valid driving license
- Must be a competent driver with previous experience with an international agency or company
- Must provide a fit to drive medical clearance from a licensed local practitioner. Medical Requirement: Drivers must be medically fit for driving with acceptable vision as per statutory laws and have no permanent disability which can affect driving. Must be healthy and free from all communicable diseases
- Must be sufficiently trained, which shall include but is not limited to first aid skills, fuel efficient driving techniques (no sudden breaking/accelerating), training on defensive driving techniques (anti-carjacking) and knowledgeable in handling of emergency devices, e.g. fire suppression, etc. and should be familiar with the functions of the vehicle.
- Must have a no-fault record for a road accident within the previous three (3) years
Mention Mafudi Classified when calling seller to get a good deal